SORT Data Collectors
A data collector gathers information about systems in your network. It uses this information to generate the custom reports which contain a list of passed and failed checks and their corresponding details. Those reports point out common issues, identify installation and upgrade requirements, check VIP Server connectivity, assess risks, track product licenses, and gather data for support troubleshooting. The reports also provide you with server-specific recommendations for the findings.
There are three types of custom reports that SORT Data Collector generates:
You can upload the three types of SORT data collector custom reports to the SORT website, where you can view, analyze or share them with others.
The Veritas Quick Assist utility generates its own Diagnostic custom report and SmartAssist tool generates its own Caching profiler custom report.
Currently, you cannot upload Veritas Quick Assist and SmartAssist custom reports.
Creating custom reports
|Create a custom report for:|
Installation and Upgrade, Risk Assessment, and License/Deployment:
1. On the Data Collector tab, download the appropriate data collector for your environment.
2. Use the instructions in the README file to install the data collector.
3. Run the data collector. It analyzes your systems and stores the results in an XML file.
4. On the Upload Reports tab, upload the XML file to the SORT website. SORT generates a custom report with recommendations and links to related information.
Common issues, install requirements, gathering data for support, threat analysis, and VIP Server connectivity:
1. On the Data Collector tab, download Veritas Quick Assist.
2. Double-click VeritasQuickAssist.exe.
3. Following the instructions in the Help document, run one of the scans. Veritas Quick Assist analyzes your systems and provides you with Veritas Quick Assist Diagnosis custom reports and links to solutions.
Analyzing the I/Os on the specified devices in the system for specified time, for calculating the optimal cache size needed for the workload :
1. On the Data Collector tab, download the appropriate SmartAssist for your environment.
2. Use the instructions in the README file to install SmartAssist.
3. Run the SmartAssist tool.The SmartAssist tool analyzes I/Os on the specified devices in the system for specified time, and calculates the optimal cache size for the workload.
Combine UNIX License/Deployment Excel Reports
Multiple UNIX License/Deployment excel reports can be merged into a single file using an excel tool.
To download the tool click here.
|Read and accept Terms of Service|