Several VVR parameters can be tuned using the System Management Interface Tool (SMIT). For an explanation of the VVR tunables and details on when it is appropriate to change the value of each of tunable, see the Veritas Volume Replicator Planning and Tuning Guide.
To change the values of the tunables
1) Maximum memory allocated for each IOMEM pool
2) Maximum memory allocated for VVR readback pool
3) Maximum memory allocated for VVR nmcom pool
4) Minimum Threshold for in-memory updates
5) Transport used for VVR
6) Maximum size per message for resync or autosync
7) Replication over NAT based Firewall
8) Maximum interval during which heartbeats may remain unacknowledged (seconds)
9) Maximum memory allocated for VVR I/O pool
To change the value of the first four, sixth, eighth and ninth tunable:
Position your cursor in the entry field, enter a new value (in bytes), and then press Return to initiate the change.
To change the value of the Transport protocol:
Position your cursor in the Transport used for VVR entry field. The default setting is UDP. Press the Tab key to change the protocol to TCP.
To enable replication over NAT based firewall:
Position your cursor in the Replication over NAT based Firewall entry field, and then press tab. The default is 0.