Home > Veritas Storage Foundation™ Cluster File System Manual Pages
cfsdgadm add shared_disk_group all=activation_mode [ [ node_name ] ... ]
cfsdgadm delete [ -f ] shared_disk_group
cfsdgadm display [ -v ] shared_disk_group
cfsdgadm modify shared_disk_group node_name=activation_mode ...
cfsdgadm modify shared_disk_group all=activation_mode
cfsdgadm modify shared_disk_group dg new_shared_disk_group
cfsdgadm move source_shared_disk_group target_shared_disk_group
Any specified shared disk group must already exist before using this command.
Only a privileged user can run this command.
- Adds a shared disk group to a cluster by associating it with the specified nodes. The respective modes are applied when a disk group is activated.
This command adds shared disk group information (such as the shared disk group's name) and the activation modes for individual nodes) .. and the list of specified nodes to the cluster configuration. After the shared disk group is associated with a node in the cluster, it will be activated (in the mode as was specified in the command) whenever the node joins the cluster. You can change the activation mode associated with a shared disk group for a node using the cfsdgadm modify command.
- Removes the shared disk group from the cluster by disassociating it from the nodes in the cluster. This option deletes the information related to this shared disk group from the cluster configuration. After the shared disk group is disassociated from the nodes in the cluster, the shared disk group is not automatically activated when the node joins the cluster.
Note: The delete will fail if any shared volume belonging to this disk group is currently mounted. If the -f option is specified, the volumes are unmounted and the delete process continues. Note: This can still fail if QuickLog is using any volumes belonging to the disk group (see the qlog(7) manual page). Release the QuickLog volumes using the qlogclustadm command. ..
- Displays the information related to the shared disk group's cluster configuration:
- List of nodes, with respective activation modes, with which the shared disk group is associated.
- List of shared volumes, and their associated cluster mounts, defined on the shared disk group (if the -v option is specified).
- Changes the activation mode for a shared disk group. The information corresponding to this shared disk group in the cluster configuration is updated. After the change, whenever the node (for which the activation mode was changed) joins the cluster, the shared disk group is imported in the changed activation mode. Caution: Be careful when using this option. Make sure that the volumes belonging to the disk group are not mounted or in use. by QuickLog before attempting a modify. .. Results are unpredictable if the disk group is being used.
Specifying the modify keyword with the dg option updates the cfsadmin management framework to reflect the new name of the shared_disk_group after the disk group is renamed with the vxdg(1M) command.
- Name of the VxVM shared disk group.
- List of node names on which the specified shared volume can be mounted. The node must be a member of the cluster or the request fails for that node. If no node names are specified, the cluster mount is attached with all the nodes in the cluster.
- all= | node_name= activation_mode
- For a shared disk group, the activation mode is on a per-node basis. all sets the same activation mode for all the nodes in the cluster. The following are the valid activation modes and corresponding read/write capability for shared disk groups:
- Specifies exclusive write. The node has exclusive write access to volumes in the disk group. No other node in the cluster can activate the disk group for write access.
- Disables all read/write access.
- Specifies read only. The node has read access to volumes in the disk group. The node has no write access and denies write access to all other nodes in the cluster.
- Specifies shared read. The node has read access to volumes in the disk group, but no write access. Other nodes can activate the disk group for write access.
- Specifies shared write. The node has write access to volumes in the disk group. Other nodes can activate the disk group for shared write access.
# cfsdgadm add sharedg all=sw
Last updated: 1 Jun 2006
Copyright ©2009 Symantec Corporation
All rights reserved.