Veritas Storage Foundation™ Volume Manager Manual Pages
Revision: 5.0 MP3
This section includes the following topics:
User Commands (1)
- pbxcfg - Used by Symantec product developers to access and modify values in the configuration file or registry.
- vea - launches the Veritas Enterprise Administrator (Java console).
Maintenance Commands (1M)
- gridcli - a Veritas Provider Access Layer (VxPAL) command-line utility to the Centralized Command Grid (CCG). gridcli calls the VxPAL agents that securely distribute files and run commands across a domain of heterogeneous hosts.
- migrate - migrates Storage Foundation 5.0 hosts to and from a Veritas Storage Foundation Management Server centrally managed host
- veaconfig - used primarily to assign security roles to SF Manager and VEA 3.3 users. It also allows you to view the identity and security settings for Veritas Provider Layer (VxPAL) agents.
- veainfo - provides information about the relationships between various VxPAL agents, Authentication Brokers, and authentication domains.
- vradmin - administer Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) in a distributed environment
- vrnotify - display Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) events
- vrport - Veritas Volume Replicator port management utility
- vrstat - display statistical information for volumes in RVGs and RLINKs, and for all hosts in an RDS
- vxadm - manages storage objects
- vxalerttype - manipulates alert type information.
- vxapslice - manage an area of disk for use by an AP database
- vxassist - create, relayout, convert, mirror, backup, grow, shrink, delete, and move volumes
- vxbootsetup - set up system boot information on a Veritas Volume Manager disk
- vxcache - administer the cache object for space-optimized snapshots
- vxcached - resize cache volumes when required
- vxcdsconvert - make disks and disk groups portable between systems
- vxclustadm - start, stop, and reconfigure a cluster
- vxcmdlog - administer command logging
- vxconfigbackup - back up disk group configuration
- vxconfigbackupd - disk group configuration backup daemon
- vxconfigd - Veritas Volume Manager configuration daemon
- vxconfigrestore - restore disk group configuration
- vxdarestore - restore simple or nopriv disk access records
- vxdco - perform operations on DCO objects and DCO volumes
- vxdctl - control the volume configuration daemon
- vxddladm - Device Discovery Layer subsystem administration
- vxdg - manage Veritas Volume Manager disk groups
- vxdisk - define and manage Veritas Volume Manager disks
- vxdiskadd - add one or more disks for use with Veritas Volume Manager
- vxdiskadm - menu-driven Veritas Volume Manager disk administrator
- vxdiskconfig - configure disk devices and bring them under VxVM control
- vxdisksetup, vxdiskunsetup - configure a disk for use with Veritas Volume Manager
- vxdmpadm - DMP subsystem administration
- vxdmpinq - display SCSI inquiry data
- vxedit - create, remove, and modify Veritas Volume Manager records
- vxencap - encapsulate partitions on a new disk
- vxevac - evacuate all volumes from a disk
- vxfinger - displays information about the Veritas Enterprise Administrator (Java console) users connected to the Local Controller (vxsvc).
- vxgetinterfaceinfo - gets the set of interfaces that a user can access.
- vxguidgen - generates a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID).
- vxibc - perform Veritas Volume Replicator In-Band Control Messaging operations
- vxinfo - print accessibility and usability of volumes
- vxini - allows you to manipulate the contents of a Veritas Storage Foundation Management Server configuration file such as csf_resolv.conf
- vxinstall - menu-driven Veritas Volume Manager initial configuration procedure
- vxinterface - adds or merges an interface formalization XML file with the master interface formalization file.
- vxintro - introduction to the Veritas Volume Manager utilities
- vxiod - start, stop, and report on Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads
- vxlist - nicely list storage objects
- vxmake - create Veritas Volume Manager configuration records
- vxmemstat - display memory statistics for Veritas Volume Manager
- vxmend - mend simple problems in configuration records
- vxmirror - mirror volumes on a disk or control default mirroring
- vxnotify - display Veritas Volume Manager configuration events
- vxobjecttype - manipulates object type information.
- vxpal - runs or issues commands to Veritas Provider Access Layer (VxPAL) agents.
- vxpalctrl - startup and shutdown script for VxPAL agents
- vxplex - perform Veritas Volume Manager operations on plexes
- vxpool - create and administer storage pools
- vxprint - display records from the Veritas Volume Manager configuration
- vxr5check - verify RAID-5 volume parity
- vxreattach - reattach disk drives that have once again become accessible
- vxrecover - perform volume recovery operations
- vxregctl - manipulates the Domain and Local Controller registry.
- vxrelayout - convert online storage from one layout to another
- vxrelocd - monitor Veritas Volume Manager for failure events and relocate failed subdisks
- vxresize - change the length of a volume containing a file system
- vxrlink - perform Veritas Volume Manager operations on RLINKs
- vxrootadm - create boot disk snapshots
- vxrootmir - mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk
- vxrvg - perform Veritas Volume Manager operations on RVGs
- vxsd - perform Veritas Volume Manager operations on subdisks
- vxse - Storage Expert rules
- vxsecaz - adds or merges a security formalization XML file with the master security formalization file.
- vxsited - site monitoring daemon
- vxsnap - enable DRL on a volume, and create and administer instant snapshots
- vxsparecheck - monitor Veritas Volume Manager for failure events and replace failed disks
- vxspcshow - add SAL user details or display device properties obtained from SAL
- vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster
- vxstat - Veritas Volume Manager statistics management utility
- vxsvc - starts or shuts down the Domain or Local Controller daemon, vxsvc, and also gets the status or version of vxsvc.
- vxsvcctrl - starts, restarts, or shuts down the Domain or Local Controller or gets the status or version of the Controller.
- vxtask - list and administer Veritas Volume Manager tasks
- vxtemplate - install and administer volume templates and template sets
- vxtrace - trace operations on volumes
- vxtranslog - administer transaction logging
- vxtune - adjust Veritas Volume Replicator and Veritas Volume Manager tunables
- vxunreloc - move a hot-relocated subdisk back to its original disk
- vxunroot - remove Veritas Volume Manager hooks for rootable volumes
- vxusertemplate - create and administer user templates
- vxvol - perform Veritas Volume Manager operations on volumes
- vxvoladm - create and administer application volumes on allocated storage
- vxvoladmtask - administer ISP tasks
- vxvset - create and administer volume sets
- vvrsecdgd - Monitors the disk group of bunker secondary and performs import and recovery of the disk group if the disk group is disabled because of transient I/O failure.
- csf_resolv.conf - stores host and security information used by SF Manager commands and scripts.
- vol_pattern - Veritas Volume Manager disk group search specifications
- vxmake - format of a vxmake description file
- vxconfig - Veritas Volume Manager configuration device
- vxdmp - Veritas Volume Manager multipathing disk devices
- vxinfo - Veritas Volume Manager general information device
- vxio - Veritas Volume Manager virtual disk devices
- vxiod - Veritas Volume Manager I/O daemon process control device
- vxtrace - Veritas Volume Manager I/O Tracing Device
Veritas Storage Foundation™ Volume Manager Manual Pages
Last updated: 17-Mar-2009
Copyright ©2009 Symantec Corporation
All rights reserved.