Downloading the Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability software
One method of obtaining the Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability software is to download it to your local system from the Symantec Web site.
For a Trialware download, perform the following. Contact your Veritas representative for more information.
To download the trialware version of the software
- Open the following link in your browser:
- On the bottom of the page, click the Downloads link.
- In the Business field, click Trialware.
- On the next page near the bottom of the page, click Business Continuity.
- Under Cluster Server, click Download Now.
- In the new window, click Download Now.
- You can use existing credentials to log in or create new credentials.
- Review the terms and conditions, and click I agree.
- Find the product that you want to download and select it. Continue with the installation.
If you download a standalone Veritas product, the single product download files do not contain the product installer. Use the installation script for the specific product to install the product.
Trialware is the full product version. The enabled licensing places the product in a demo or a trial state.
See About Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions installation scripts.
To download the software
- Verify that you have enough space on your filesystem to store the downloaded software.
The estimated space for download, gunzip, and tar extract is:
See Disk space requirements.
If you plan to install the software on the same system, make sure that you also have enough space for the installed software.
- To see the space available, you can use the df command with the name of the local file system where you intend to download the software.
When you select a location to download files, do not select a directory that contains Veritas products from a previous release or maintenance pack. Make sure that different versions exist in different directories.
- Download the software, specifying the file system with sufficient space for the file.