Removing and replacing a disk in a Sun StorEdge A5x00 disk array
The following procedure is suitable for use with any array that is administered by using the Solaris luxadm command.
To replace a disk in a Sun StorEdge A5x00 disk array
- Run the vxdiskadm command, and select Remove a disk for replacement from the main menu. Enter none when prompted to name a replacement disk.
- Use the following command to remove the disk from VxVM:
# vxdisk rm daname
where daname is the disk access name of the device (for example, c1t5d0s2).
- Use the Solaris luxadm command to obtain the array name and slot number of the disk, and then use these values with luxadm to remove the disk:
# luxadm disp /dev/rdsk/daname
# luxadm remove_device array_name,slot_number
Follow the luxadm prompts, and pull out the disk when instructed.
- Run the following luxadm command when you are ready to insert the replacement disk:
# luxadm insert_device array_name,slot_number
Follow the luxadm prompts, and insert the replacement disk when instructed.
- Run the following command to scan for the new disk and update the system:
- Run the vxdiskadm command, select Replace a failed or removed disk from the main menu, and follow the instructions.