Upgrading clusters for stronger security
If you have configured any secure clusters in your environment, upgrade them to use the 2048-bit key and SHA-256 signature certificates, which provide enhanced security.
You do not need to perform this procedure if you have installed the Veritas InfoScale 7.0.1 patch and upgraded the existing clusters thereafter.
To upgrade a cluster using the wizard
- Launch the Cluster Configuration Wizard from any node in the cluster that you want to upgrade.
- Follow the wizard prompts to select the cluster for reconfiguration.
- On the Reconfigure Cluster Options panel, select .
For more information, see the Cluster Server Administrator's Guide.
To upgrade a cluster using the silent configuration utility
- Back up your cluster configuration by creating a copy of the
- Use the
VCWsilent utility to perform the following operations sequentially:
Delete the cluster.
Create a new cluster.
The syntax is as follows:
For more information on the
VCWsilent utility and the XML file formats to be used with it, see the Cluster Server Administrator's Guide.
- Stop the cluster using the following command:
hastop -all -force
- Manually restore your application configurations by copying only the relevant entries from the backed-up
main.cf to newly created
- Start the cluster using the following command: