Assigning a role to an ESX user account
This section describes the steps to assign a role to an ESX user:
To assign the role to a user
- Using the VMware vSphere Client, log on to the ESX host, and navigate to > .
- In the left pane, click the ESX host and in the right pane, click .
- In the Permissions tab, right-click the blank space, and click .
- In the Assign Permissions panel, click .
- In the Users and Groups frame of the Select Users and Groups panel, specify the user(s) that you want to assign the new role for storage management (for example, VMwareDisks Resources Manager).
Press the key and click to select multiple users, if required, and then click and click .
- In the Assigned Role drop down list, click the new role (for example, VMwareDisks Resources Manager), and then click .