Adding and removing systems
This topic provides an overview of tasks involved in adding and removing systems from a cluster.
For detailed instructions, see the Cluster Server Installation Guide.
To add a system to a cluster
- Make sure that the system meets the hardware and software requirements for VCS.
- Set up the private communication links from the new system.
- Install VCS and required patches on the new system.
- Add the VCS license key.
See About installing a VCS license.
- Configure LLT and GAB to include the new system in the cluster membership.
- Add the new system using the hasys -add command.
To remove a node from a cluster
- Make a backup copy of the current configuration file, main.cf.
- Switch or remove any VCS service groups from the node. The node cannot be removed as long as it runs service groups on which other service groups depend.
- Stop VCS on the node.
hastop -sys systemname
- Delete the system from the SystemList of all service groups.
hagrp -modify groupname SystemList -delete systemname
- Delete the node from the cluster.
hasys -delete systemname
- Remove the entries for the node from the
/etc/llthosts file on each remaining node.
- Change the node count entry from the
/etc/gabtab file on each remaining node.
- Unconfigure GAB and LLT on the node leaving the cluster.
- Remove VCS and other RPMs from the node.
- Remove GAB and LLT configuration files from the node.