Adding a Volume Manager Disk Group resource for the quorum
You add a Volume Manager Disk Group resource corresponding to the disk group that you created for the quorum. You do not set any dependencies for this resource.
You first create a service or application for the quorum resource, name it (for example, QUORUM), and add the resource to it.
To add a Volume Manager Disk Group resource for the quorum
- From the Start menu (the Start screen on Windows 2012 operating systems), click Administrative Tools.
- Launch the Failover Cluster Manager snap-in by clicking Failover Cluster Manager.
- Verify that the cluster is online on the same node where you created the disk group.
- In the left pane of Failover Cluster Management, right-click and select .
- Right-click the new group and rename it, for example QUORUM.
- Move the clustered disk group resource from the to .
- Right-click the clustered disk group resource, and in the General tab of the Properties dialog box, change the name of the resource in the Resource Name field, for example, QUORUM_DG_RES.