Scheduling Exchange snapshot sets
You schedule and create snapshot sets using the Quick Recovery Configuration Wizard. You can also use the wizard to modify or delete existing schedules or to import a schedule template.
See About the Quick Recovery Configuration Wizard .
See About snapshot templates.
Make sure that you meet the prerequisites before you begin using the wizard.
See Reviewing the prerequisites.
You may use replication for an Exchange 2010 database availability group (DAG) or you may use local continuous replication (LCR) for an Exchange 2007 instance. In both cases, you can schedule snapshots only for the active copy, not the passive copy.
To schedule snapshot sets
- Launch the Solutions Configuration Center (SCC).
- From the Solutions view in the SCC, click SFW Quick Recovery Configuration to launch the wizard.
- In the Welcome panel, review the information to ensure you meet the requirements and click .
- In the System Selection panel, specify the system that is running the application and click .
Ensure that the disk groups for the application are imported to the selected system.
See System Selection panel details.
- In the Instance Selection panel, make the following selections and click :
For Exchange 2010, select the system name of the Exchange mailbox server.
Select the components for which you want to configure the snapshot sets.
See Instance Selection panel details.
- If the Mount Details panel is displayed, a volume containing the schedule configuration files is not mounted. Mount the missing drive and click , then click .
See Mount Details panel details.
- For existing schedules, the Synchronizing Schedules panel displays the status of schedule synchronization and cleanup. If schedule synchronization fails in a clustered environment, restart any cluster nodes that are down and then restart the wizard. Otherwise, click .
- In the Template Selection panel, choose whether to create a new template for Quick Recovery settings, modify existing template settings, or import a template. Then click .
See Template Selection panel details.
- In the Number of Snapshot Sets panel, select how many sets of snapshots to create for each database. Then click .
See Number of Snapshot Sets panel details.
- In the Snapshot Volume Assignment panel, expand the snapshot set and configure the settings. Repeat for any additional snapshot sets, and when you finish, click .
See Snapshot Volume Assignment panel details.
- In the Snapshot Schedule panel, specify one or more schedules for each snapshot set. Choose one of the following:
To specify a simple schedule, edit the default schedule settings shown on this panel. By default, the simple schedule takes effect on the current date and does not recur.
See Snapshot Schedule panel details.
To specify a recurring schedule, a time window, a different run date, or other schedule details, click , fill in the Edit Snapshot Schedule dialog box, and click .
See Specifying snapshot schedule details.
Expired schedules cannot be edited. Instead, delete the expired schedule and add a new one.
After you have specified a schedule for a snapshot set, choose from the following:
Edit schedules for any remaining snapshot sets
Click if you want to add a new schedule
Click if you want to remove a schedule
When scheduling is complete for all snapshot sets, click .
- In the Summary panel, you can choose from the following:
Save settings to a template file for later reuse
Apply the settings without saving a template
Save the settings and then apply them
Applying the settings implements the configuration. If you have saved the settings to a template file and want to exit the wizard without applying the template, click .
See Summary panel details.
- In the Template Implementation panel, wait until the wizard shows that Quick Recovery configuration is complete and click and then click .