Migrating to DMP from Hitachi Data Link Manager (HDLM)
This procedure describes removing devices from HDLM control and enabling DMP on the devices.
DMP cannot co-exist with HDLM; HDLM must be removed from the system.
Plan for application and system downtime for the following procedure.
To remove devices from Hitachi Data Link Manager (HDLM) and enable DMP
- Stop the applications using the HDLM meta-device
- Unmount any file systems that use the volume group on the HDLM device.
In a VCS environment, stop the VCS service group of the application, which will stop the application.
- Stop the LVM volume groups that use the HDLM device.
# varyoffvg vgroupname
- Uninstall the HDLM package.
- Turn on the DMP support for the LVM volume group.
# vxdmpadm settune dmp_native_support=on
The above command also enables DMP support for LVM root.
- Reboot the system.
- After the reboot, DMP controls the devices. If there were any LVM volume groups on HDLM devices they are migrated onto DMP devices.
- Mount the file systems.
- Restart the applications.